Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Beer Scouts

I've posted about Untappd before - it's the mobile app that allows you to check into the beers you drink. It tracks and trends your brew intake, and you get badges for certain feats. For example, having a beer on your birthday gets you the birthday badge. Having 10 beers from the same brewery within 30 days earns you the brewery loyalist badge. Check in to a beer on a boat and you'll display the Ahoy Matey! badge.

Anyway, a few Saturdays ago there was a brewfest to support the Pittsburgh Rugby team. Allie and I snagged last minute tickets, and headed down to enjoy the fun. However not to ever just be normal, with the fantastic help of my Mum and her sewing machine, we wore homemade sashes of some of our Untappd badges - we were Beer Scouts.



Some people thought we were funny. Others had no clue - allowing us to make quite a few friends.

Currently I'm at ~910 unique beers on Untappd. My goal is to hit 1000 by Memorial Day 2013 - we'll see, considering training for the half marathon is taking its toll on the amount of time I spend out. I feel like I'm running out of unique options here in western PA and will need to splurge on a west coast brewfest trip in order to make it feasible.

No comments: