Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Knoxville

Sir, we all are.

Knoxville has really "done me in". Initially my visit was a redneck whirlwind; I felt like I won Hick Bingo as I saw a moonshine billboard, followed by a man pulled over on the side of the road get arrested while his female passenger stared at the floor.

Then, I had the barbeque. With 99c Coors Light. And found the brewery's $2 happy hour, followed by the rooftop bars. Mmhmm darrlin.




But it's like I can't quite leave Knoxville. My flight was seven days ago but I keep dreaming and scheming of the Queen City of the Mountains. Before my trip, I kept joking I was visiting to prove Elvis was alive and that I wouldn't leave until I succeeded. Then a few nights ago I dreamt I did, in fact, find the real Elvis - perhaps my subconscious trying to set me at peace? Anyway, my burning question for him was if anyone had ever mistaken him for as an Elvis impersonator. "All the time," he replied. Dream me is brilliant, although I do look somewhat cracked out in the depiction below.


Until we meet again, Marble City, until we meet again.

No comments: