Friday, June 01, 2012

The Month of Philly Pretzels

On April 26th the Philly Pretzel Factory gave away free pretzels all day. However not only did they offer free pretzels, but the lucky first customers were also rewarded with a 'golden ticket' of sorts that allowed you a free pretzel every day in May. Pretty awesome, right?

As I've blogged before, I've developed something of a soft pretzel problem. Honestly, I was never much of a soft pretzel eater; that was always my sister's thing. But for some reason, one day this spring I started eating the Philly Soft Pretzels, with a portion of their spicy mustard, and I couldn't stop. It had all changed inexplicably. Perhaps overnight I matured to the age of true pretzel appreciation.

So at 7am on that lovely Thursday morning in April, I waltzed into my pretzel shop, claimed a free pretzel, and scored a free pretzel card. Did you know the pretzel shop opened at 7am? I did, once I looked up their hours. But I was surprised. 7am is awfully early for a pretzel. Perhaps there are those who dunk them in their cuppa joe during the wee hours of the morning. Well then, perhaps it's not too early for the cinnamon sugar pretzels. Then it's like you're eating a donut. Yeah, probably not so bad then.

I held the pretzel card in my hand; I bragged to my friends. May came and I enjoyed my pretzel devouring. The shop clerk learned to recognize me. I definitely didn't go every day; but when I went I usually had a couple of orders from coworkers to pick them up some too. They envied my card and would ask me on most days if I had a pretzel. My uncle suggested I photograph every pretzel I ate. While I seemed to forget to do that most of the time, there are a few photos shown below (bear with my cameraphone pics, please).

Thanks Philly Pretzels! Made for a spectacular May.







1 comment:

Barson said...

Holy nom nom! That looks delicious!