Sunday, April 22, 2012

Baberaham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer

After reading Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (my first nook book!) and being disappointed, I am countering author Seth Grahame-Smith with Baberaham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer. It is an adaptation of Mr. Grahame-Smith's novel that combines both Wayne's World and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Indiana, 2018. Strobe light falls through the dense floorboards that was once a one-room cabin. A twenty-nine-year-old Baberaham "Babe" Lincoln kneels at her suffering mother's side. She's been stricken with something the old-timers call "being a cougar."


"My Babe..." she whispers before collapsing.


Only later will the hungover Babe learn that her mother's fatal affliction was actually the work of a vampire.


When the truth becomes known to young Lincoln, she writes in her journal, "henceforth my life shall be one of rigorous study and devotion. I shall become a master of mind and body. And this mastery shall have but one purpose..." Gifted with her legendary zumba, pilates, and skill with an ax, Babe sets out on a path of vengeance that will lead her all the way to the Jersey Shore.


You can read my mediocre review of the actual novel here, and although it doesn't give away much of anything at all, be wary in case you do want to read it. I prefer to go into a novel completely blind without the biased opinions of others before making the judgement for myself.

No comments: