Sunday, November 27, 2011

Burgatory

Sinfully good... From the same city that brings you incredible impieties such as the Church Brew Works and the Altar Bar comes the new burger joint Burgatory. Burgatory opened up just outside of Pittsburgh and serves you custom-made sandwiches stuck up with pitchforks and such good craft beers your hangover will be positively hellatious (because, frankly, you'll want to to try them all). For months I've been seeing friends reviews on Facebook and I was drooling. While out galavanting during Thanksgiving, I finally got to experience the sinfulness firsthand.

The place is a bit compact (there's always a wait) but has a nice atmosphere. There's a good variety of burger toppings and combos, and as aforementioned, the tap and bottled list was respectable. For the non-alcoholic scene there are milkshakes, but they'll run you about six bucks (Pulp Fiction anyone? The five dollar shake?). As usual- I'm jealous of myself circa 24 hours ago (although maybe I'd try to nix the last few brews I had for the sake of my six hour ride back to NJ). 

The best part was the build your own (and name it) burger. I fondly titled my veggie burger 'The Paris Hilton of Pittsburgh'. When it was served I was told they've seen "a lot of unique names, but never that one". Success!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Sounds great! I love build your own food places :)