Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Olives & Pittsburgh

And so I experiment and so I learn that I do indeed like olives in the US also. And there was much rejoicing.

And so I am working through Mark Oldman's Brave New World of Wine by trying new wines and new foods to go with them. On Saturday I endeavored through a bottle of Boutari Moschofilero ($9!) along with garlic olives, a chesapeake roll (crab+avocado+old bay sushi), and some jalapeno hummus. Delightful.

And so, lastly, Pittsburgh was added to National Geographic's Best Trips 2012. Truly, I feel that Pittsburgh is the "which one of these is not like the other?". A beautiful and fantastic city for sure, but when you look at the contenders - Croatia, or the Virunga Volcanoes, for some - it is a wonder how this city made the final cut. And not only did it make the final cut, but it's one of only two cities from the US. Regardless, bravo!, and I will have an Iron City in honor of my hometown.


No comments: