Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget

Last year Jonaid and I visited the World Trade Center on 9/11. Flowers were everywhere, names were written, and the memorial was still in construction. It was breathtaking. You could see the lights in honor of the towers from NJ.

In 2001 I was a sophomore in high school. In between classes, I was at my locker when Emily, my friend Ellen's cousin, came scurrying up to me. She told me the twin towers had been hit.

I walked to Chemistry, and an announcement on the loudspeakers had all classes turn the TV on. It was surreal. I didn't quite understand at the time.

As Gov. Chris Christie pointed out, if we held a moment of silence for every person lost on 9/11, we would be silent until Monday afternoon.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Nice picture, wheres it from?

carinne said...

one of the wineries - villa milagro - from the NJ wine tour