Thursday, September 09, 2010

NFL: Not For Long

Hallelujah! Football season is back. I can resume my irresponsible Monday+Thursday drinking and have justification for it. Time to change the ringtone to the NFL theme song and pull out ye olde Steelers purse.
This morning a player from the Vikings explained on a NBC's today show that in the locker rooms NFL means "not for long", typically regarding your playing career. I've never heard that acronym before, but it seems fairly fitting.
Work football pool starts today. You pick the winners of every game, pay $5, person with the most correct games wins the pool, tiebreaker is the score of the last game. This week's choices (my picks are bolded green):
Thursday
MIN @ NO
Sunday
CLE @ TB
MIA @ BUF
CIN @ NE
IND @ HOU
DEN @ JAC
ATL @ PIT
OAK @ TEN
CAR @ NYG
DET @ CHI
ARI @ STL
GB @ PHI
SF @ SEA
DAL @ WAS
Monday
BAL @ NYJ
SD @ KC

TIE: SD 24 KC 9, total 33

Anyway, celebratory donuts at work for the season kickoff. Stepped out of my comfort zone on this chocolate cake, strawberry icing donut; I'm usually a vanilla icing-vanilla cake kind of girl, maybe with a few sprinkles and definitely no filling. It was homemade, so that made it awesome in itself, and was pretty much the only reason I picked one up. That's all for now- have a great day!

No comments: