Sunday, August 29, 2010

Grape Expectations

---> update: mission accomplished! Go here to see my list of all of the wineries and their awards. (carinne, 03May11) <---

There are thirty-four wineries in the NJ Wineries Passport list and I am determined to conquer them all by the end of 2010. There's a complimentary gift and a grand prize drawing for a trip to Italy if you make it to all of the wineries and send in your completely stamped passport. Winning the trip would be pretty epic, but even if I don't, simply experiencing NJ is enough for me. Also the complimentary gift is sure not to disappoint (I can always use another glass... or bottle opener... Or engraved NJ Passport... Whatever it may be I'll be excited).

Early last year I had picked up a 2009 passport. Although I kept going to wineries it didn't even cross my mind to bring the NJ Passport. It sat alone and neglected in my junk drawer. For my birthday even, the girls came out and we did a tour of the local wineries (and later that evening, a tour de Franzia) and it did not join me.


As a wine lover I'm now making it a goal to test and write a post about every winery I go to in NJ. I'll offer my pick of their wines and a tour of the venue... Or I'll do neither and just play a post by ear. Regardless, this blog will now include a review of my NJ wine drinking escapades.

A bit of 2010 out of state wine- earlier this year I encountered not only NJ wineries but also PA and VA. In both 2009 and 2010 I went to the Taste of PA Wine&Music Festival in York, PA, and I'm sure I'll be back for 2011. There, they handed out a list of wineries in PA, which I immediately defined as the bucket list. Visiting Alex in Virginia we hit up Hartwood Winery, Roger's Ford, and Potomac Point (in that order). So far 2010 has been a good year. I look forward to the rest of the adventures and hold Grape Expectations (ba dum psh) for the upcoming months.

Friends & Family- feel free to come out and join for a tasting!

No comments: