Sunday, August 15, 2010

New Jersey Appreciation Week Day One

You can attribute this conceited view to either to the unquestionable arrogance of the Jersey Swagger, or possibly something in the pharmaceutically enhanced tap water- but it seems there has been a lot of recent attention toward the state of New Jersey. This weekend alone over 22 people, for separate purposes and causes, crossed the border and entered into the Garden State. Carrying Jager receipts as proof of identification, many sought refuge in the relaxing shore and the social acceptability of too much hair gel.

My mother admits her obsession with the Real Housewives of New Jersey; my father will not own up to it however is no less enthralled. My friends and I gush over Pauly D and Vinny however only within the privacy of our text messages. Those from other states cringe at the cocky attitude but never ignore a Guido/Guidette headline if they see it. Love it or hate it, New Jersey is here to stay. Due to this outburst of recent attention, with the power vested in me I now pronounce this New Jersey Appreciation Week.

To celebrate I'll entertain the Joisey ways, customs, and mostly the story of the last five days via a daily photoblog. I cannot think of a better way to kick off the week of than with the swimming pool of our friends the Grimms and the inclusion of a lovely beverage waiting for me at the end of the diving board. Til next time, all of you grenades, land mines, and shorties...

xoxo the paris hilton of trenton



No comments: