Sunday, August 06, 2006

Okay so if anyone knows where I lost my Dad's keys at, it would be greatly appreciated if you could just let me know. There's a reward going for them. I promise it's good.

Other than that it's been an uneventful weekend.

There is one peice of news I would like to share with the world. Former vice-president candidate John Edwards was in Pittsburgh last week with his continuing war against Wal-Mart. I quote from the article and from Mr. Edwards,

"We want every single consumer in America, every person in America, to know that if they walk into a Wal-Mart, that first of all their tax dollars are subsidizing Wal-Mart employees. Their tax dollars are helping provide health care for Wal-Mart employees, because Wal-Mart's not doing it. Their tax dollars are going to provide housing and food stamps for Wal-Mart employees... What is wrong with this picture?"


So that's just something to think about. At least someone is trying to publicly stop the tyranny and to inform the public. Hopefully this campaign will help. Germany got the best of Wal-Mart, as I read in Business Week:

Germany provided an expensive lesson in how not to enter a market. Wal-Mart underestimated German labor unions and local competitors such as Aldi. On July 28, Wal-Mart announced it will sell its 85 German stores to Dusseldorf based Metro.



No more Wal-Mart in Germany! Let's see if I can go the whole semester without going into a Wal-mart. I'm going to try. It will be hard - because it's the only store in town. But I'm going to try.

Happy weekend!

5 comments:

Mark said...

Luckily (or not luckily?) you are not the only person who submitted photos.

allister said...

We don't have Wal-Mart here in Australia. Is it like K-Mart? I think i've been in one before. I'm not sure.

allister said...

Oh by the way, when i lost my keys a few weeks ago it ended up at my friends house. It was in his bag which he never uses so it stayed in there for a few days.

allister said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lauren said...

i think that whether wal-mart pays for the health insurance or taxes, it's still coming out of our pockets.


your dad has a 300zx?!

crazy!