Sunday, August 14, 2005

So. It’s confirmed. I’m basically the biggest freak ever but I’m cool with it.

I was driving in to work today and on pre-historic X they had a row of really good songs. Dear God by XTC, Because The Night by Patti Smith Group, and Burning Down the House by the Talking Heads. I completely got into the mood and was just thinking about 80’s songs all day.

So I get home from work, right, and I’m home alone (thank god there were no witnesses) and I pull up my 80’s tunes on my computer. So I’m all doing the laundry to I’m Too Sexy, cleaning my room to You Spin Me Right Round, taking Lana out to Don't You Forget About Me, and showering to Total Eclipse of the Heart. I know, I know, the worst of the 80's, but whatever.

I completely get in the mood, so I figured, it’d be fun to be 5 years old again, and play dress up. So right after Can't Touch This and Hungry Like The Wolf, I put on the earrings, do the side ponytail, and search high and low for blue eyeshadow and bright red lipstick (I had neither; my mom had neither; my sister had both. Go figure). And now I’m posting a picture.

Me as an obnoxious 80s girl now, Me as an obnoxious 80s girl then. (all photos except today's courtesy of my Aunt Lynne) (all photos except today are from the 80s)

I know, complete freak, right? But damn. It was fun. And it was good for the soul. But that red lipstick would not come off.

So tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies, and I’ll catch you all in 1985.

No comments: