Thursday, August 04, 2005

So we’re trying to order lunch at work today.

Me: “Hi, I’d like to place an order for delivery.”

Lady on the other line: “Oh, our driver is off until 2:30.” It was 1pm. We were so hungry. Sara was in the background like, “I’m gonna eat my arm off.”

“Okay we’ll pick it up, then. I’d like the Thursday special of Mac-n-Cheese –“

“Sorry, we’re all out.”

“Alright… Then an 8-cut mushroom pizza –"

“Yea, our delivery guy is also the pizza maker, so we don’t have any pizzas either.” It’s a deli and a pizza shop. Were they for real?

But the prices are cheap and their food is good (when they have it) and it’s close to where I work, so we decided we still wanted to order from there.

“Okay… Then instead I’d like an antipasto salad, large, with ranch dressing and onions –"

“We’ve got an antipasto already made without any lettuce, do you want that one?”

“A salad with no lettuce?”

“Yea it’s got the meat and stuff…”

“Uh, no thanks, I’d like lettuce with my salad, please. And a hot turkey and cheese sub, no mayo, no onions, if it isn’t too difficult.”

“Hot or cold?”

“Hot, please.”

“Alright, give us fifteen minutes!”

What a production. Our lunch was fabulous when we got it, though.

No comments: